Due to the COVID19 shelter-in-place orders, the District Office has implemented the following process:
- Once the student has a completed application form with the three signatures (student, employer, and parent), the application can be submitted by email to Maki Tazawa (with or without SS#), mailed, and/or dropped off directly into the tall, black drop box in front of our new/temporary reception office at the District Office - Room 1 (of the old Adult School portables), between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Once the work permit is processed, it will be mailed automatically to their home residence unless it is indicated (with a note) on how the permit should be delivered (i.e., by email or pick-up). For now, if the student would like to have the permit emailed, they would need to provide that email address.
Do you need a Work Permit? Click on the name of your high school below to download the Work Permit Form.
Print out both pages of the Work Permit Form.
- The student completes Section 1.
- The Employer completes and signs Section 2.
- The Parent/Guardian fills out and sign Section 3.
- The Employer also signs and dates Page 2.
Bring both pages to the District Office located at 589 W. Fremont Avenue in Sunnyvale between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Staff will process the work permits by completing Section 4 — completed work permits are usually ready for pick-up within 72 hours.