portal links

Top Row

Resources for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Questioning (LGBTQ) Youth

The Fremont Union High School District supports students, parents, families, and teachers with tools and resources to address lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) topics in a school setting. Our goal is to ensure a safe learning environment for all students.

Student Resources

Youth Space: For lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and ally youth and young adults ages 13-25 living in Santa Clara County. The Youth Space is a program of Family and Children Services.

The Trevor Project: Founded in 1998 by the creators of the Academy Award-winning short film TREVOR, The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) young people ages 13-24. Trevor 24/hour support hotline at 1-866-488-7386.

Gender Spectrum: Key tips on knowing your rights, discussing your experiences, and understanding your gender as you navigate your gender identity across multiple realms.

Parent Resources

PFLAG:  Parents, Families, Friends, LGBTQ People and Allies United for Equality. PFLAG has a local chapter in Sunnyvale for those parents who want in person discussions and guidance. 

Gender Spectrum (for families): A comprehensive collection of research, resources, and stories to help any parent, family member, or guardian learn more about gender diversity

Name/Gender Change

The Fremont Union High School District supports students who wish to identify by a name and/or gender other than their legal name/gender at school. Students who wish to use a name and gender that is different from their legal name and gender as it appears on their registration documents may do so for internal school documents (e.g., class and athletic team rosters, student identification cards, progress grade reports, and yearbook), preferably with the consent of the student’s parent/guardian. The student’s legal name and gender as it appears on registration documents will be maintained as part of the student’s permanent record (5 C.C.R. § 432(b)(1)(A), (B), D). For more information about the process for making this change request, please contact a school guidance counselor, administrator or Student Advocate or visit the Transcripts & Student Records webpage.