Community Advisory Committee
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is a group of parents, educators and community members who provide input to the administration and school boards of Special Education Local Planning Area (SELPA) II. CAC sponsors educational and training programs related to special education at local schools (in CUSD), with business meetings held monthly. By getting involved in the CAC, you make a difference to your child as well as to our community. We welcome all community members to both our presentations and business meetings.
Each SELPA is mandated by law to:
- Advise the administration of the development, amendment, and review of the Local Plan;
- Recommend annual priorities to be addressed;
- Assist in parent education and request their input;
- Encourage community involvement in the development and review of the Local Plan;
- Support activities for students with special needs; and
- Educate by offering informative meetings and support.
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) unites parents and educators in the effort to inform parents on issues related to raising Special Needs children, as well as to foster a nurturing and understanding environment in our schools through disability training (Abilities Awareness Program), so that students of all abilities may learn and thrive.
Information on events for the 2019-20 school year will be coming soon.
- Sabeen Sattar, Chairperson
- Donna Dillard, Secretary
- Lisa Korff, Operations Liaison
CAC BOARD MEMBERS-AT-LARGE
- Sumathi Balaji
SELPA II STAFF
- Leo Mapagu, NW SELPA Executive Director
- Joseph Vidal, Senior Director of Pupil Services
- John Triska, Interim Director of Special Education
- Nancy Sullivan, Director of Educational and Special Services
- Cathleen Rodriguez, Coordinator of Special Services
- Roxy Machuca, Coordinator of Special Services
- Linda Van Mouwerik, Director of Special Education
- Jhuma Kanungo, Coordinator of Special Education
- Dianne Holcomb, Program Specialist
- Jana Parker, Program Specialist
- Wendy Sharp, Program Specialist
Education Resource Organizations
- Santa Clara County Office of Education (SCCOE)
- Santa Clara County Office of Education (SCCOE) SELPA
- Special Education Division, California Department of Education (CDE)
- Organization of Special Needs Families (OSF)