The Fremont Union High School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer with approximately 1000 employees. The Human Resources Department guides prospective employees in the hiring process and provides support to current employees, with a focus on excellent customer service.
|Paula Robinson||Director of Human Resources||(408) 522-2279||(408) 245-8548|
|John Dwyer||Director of Human Resources, Classified||(408) 522-2228||(408) 245-8548|
|Joann Finley||Senior Human Resources Specialist||(408) 522-2227||(408) 245-8548|
|Lena Bryant||Senior Human Resources Specialist||(408) 522-2230||(408) 245-8548|
|Gracie Charon||Senior Human Resources Specialist||(408) 522-2229||(408) 245-8548|
|Sherill Panelo||Account Analyst/Benefits||(408) 522-2214||(408) 245-8548|
|Monique Franzino||Senior Human Resources Specialist||(408) 522-2225||(408) 245-8548|
|Subject||Who to Contact|
|Certificated Staff||Joann Finley|
|Classified Staff||Monique Franzino|
|Coaches/Volunteers/Band Staff||Monique Franzino|
|Payroll Questions (Certificated)||Don Gilbert|
|Payroll Questions (Classified)||Lalaine Macapagal|
|Sick Leave/Vacation Balance (Certificated)||Don Gilbert|
|Sick Leave/Vacation Balance (Classified)||Lalaine Macapagal|
|Student Teachers||Monique Franzino|
|Substitutes (Certificated & Classified)||Gracie Charon|
|Worker's Compensation||Lena Bryant|
|Verification of Experience/Employment Requests (Classified and Certificated)||VOE@fuhsd.org|
Certificated/Teacher Substitute Applications
Thank you for your interest in the Fremont Union High School District. Please check edjoin.org for substitute teaching opportunities. Our eligibility pool for the 17/18 school year is currently open. To substitute teach at FUHSD, we require that you hold the following:
- a Bachelor's Degree,
- a 30-Day Substitute Permit (or Single Subject Credential, and
- CBEST (California Basic Educational Skills Test).
If selected, you will be contacted for an informal interview via email.
Classified Substitute Applications
If you are interested in clerical, food service, para educator or custodial substituting, please check edjoin.org for substituting opportunities.
Please contact Gracie Charon at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Application (via EdJoin), interview, and authorization from the Athletic Director. (Head coaches may NOT authorize hiring.)
- Coach Hiring Form (given to the coach by the Athletic Director). To be turned into Human Resources.
- Completion of Coach Paperwork
- Current TB test (within the last 4 years)
- Fingerprint clearance - even if you have been fingerprinted at another school district, District policy requires that all teachers, staff, coaches, substitutes, and volunteers be printed for our District.
- All Varsity Head Coaches must be over the age of 21.
- All paid-coaches MUST be completely certified before they can begin coaching. In addition to the requirements listed in the bullet points above, these certifications include:
- All coaches must comply with the Athletic Code of Ethical Conduct
Athletic Coaches are paid at the end of their season. In order for a coach to be paid, he or she must meet the coaching requirements and have completed all required certifications (listed above). If a coach works into extended season (CCS), he/she must complete a time sheet for that additional work.
Activity Coaches receive one stipend for the school year. This stipend is paid two times a year: half in January and half in June. In order for an Activity coach to be paid, he or she must meet the coaching requirements and have completed all required certifications.
Salary is broken down into three stipends, depending on the type of activity or athletic coaching, the stipend will be as follows (for a breakdown of the teams, please see the FEA Contract).
- A stipend: $4,025
- B stipend: $3,330
- C stipend: $2,600