The purpose of Advisory is for students to engage and build community with a teacher and group of peers on a weekly basis, to facilitate learning of important items that are not necessarily related to a particular subject area. Examples include:
- Schoology practice,
- mandated emergency procedures,
- learning how to ask for help and where various sources of assistance are available,
- guidance developed lessons and college planning,
- mindfulness activities, goal-setting and team-building activities,
- engaging in Social Emotional Learning,
- developing anti-bias/anti-racist education of our students,
- learning about harassment/anti-harassment,
- exploring what are appropriate interactions with students/staff,
- reading/discussing articles/stories/current events, or
- school surveys.
The hoped for outcome is not just for students to gain a broader understanding of the aforementioned important issues, but also to further build our school community and establish a connection with a staff member from whom students can seek assistance, guidance and support. The lessons for these advisories will be posted on this webpage.