Board Office Hours
|Date & Time||Location||Trustees|
|Thursday, Sept. 13 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.||Lynbrook High School (Rm. 78)||Roy Rocklin & Jeff Moe|
|Thursday, Sept. 27 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.||Monta Vista High School (Rm. A112)||Bill Wilson & Barbara Nunes|
|Thursday, Oct. 18 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.||Homestead High School (Room L109)||Bill Wilson & Hung Wei|
|Thursday, April 4 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.||Fremont High School (Fair Oaks Room, Building A)||Naomi Nakano-Matsumoto & Jeff Moe|
|Thursday, April 25 from 6:15 to 7:30 p.m.||Cupertino High School (College & Career Center)||
Rosa Kim & Roy Rocklin
In recognition of the critical role that communication, transparency and accessibility play in the relationship between the Fremont Union High School District (FUHSD) Board of Trustees and the parents, families and community members that reside in FUHSD, the Board will be piloting an Office Hours program over the course of the next year, beginning May 2017. It is our belief that regular, open-door meetings and dialogue between the Board and members of the community will help continue to strengthen positive communication and trust between the District and the students, families and residents that it serves.
The Board recognizes that no more than two Board Members can be present at any given Office Hours session and that no decisions will be made by the Board Members in attendance. These guidelines are in place to ensure compliance with the Brown Act. This protocol details the guidelines for the Office Hours program.
- To allow Board Members to engage with the community in a forum other than a Board Meeting;
- To facilitate the communication of community input and feedback on the District’s educational policy decisions; and
- To provide the opportunity for community members to learn more about the work of the Board and the District.
- The Board will create a schedule for the dates, times and locations of office hours.
- The Office Hours will rotate between the five high school sites, with one session of office hours at each site per year.
- A calendar will be posted on the District website for the community to view
- Each Office Hours session will be advertised on the District’s website and social media sites, and through the school sites’ individual websites and SchoolLoop announcements or parent newsletter.
- To ensure compliance with the Brown Act, Board members will not communicate the content of these meetings to other Board members, but will report out to the Board as a whole during a duly agendized Board meeting.
- Please remember that the Board can only take action through a majority vote of its members. Therefore, statements made by individual Board members represent the view of that Board member, and not the Board as whole. Likewise, statements or information provided to individual Board members are also only made to the individual Board member, and not to the Board as a whole.
- Because of Brown Act restrictions, no decisions can or will be made during community member meetings. Decisions will only be made during a duly agendized Board meeting.
- Since the Brown Act only allows the Board (or any subset of a quorum or greater) to meet in a duly agendized meeting, the best time to address the Board as a whole is at a public Board meeting, or in writing addressed to the Board as a whole.
- Please remember that no one can guarantee that conversations with elected public officials will be confidential.
- Please be courteous and respectful. While we might not agree on every issue, we share the common goal of providing the best education possible to our children.