Offered by Fremont Union High School District in
collaboration with De Anza College.
De Anza College is the closest community college to FUHSD and the majority of FUHSD students who wish to participate in concurrent enrollment choose to do so with De Anza. For this reason, the information listed on this site is specific only to De Anza College and can also be found on the De Anza College website at http://deanza.edu/outreach/highschoolstudents.html.
However, FUHSD students may attempt to participate in concurrent enrollment with any of the local community colleges; please see their websites for details.
Only junior and senior grade-level (11th or 12th grade) students are eligible to take classes at De Anza College; age does not matter.
De Anza classes are intended for enrichment purposes only (for college credit only) and will not appear on the high school transcript unless it is needed to satisfy a FUHSD graduation requirement and a FUHSD Request for Credit from Outside Educational Institutions form is completed at the high school PRIOR to taking a De Anza course.
See the De Anza/FUHSD Approved Courses to Meet FUHSD, UC and CSU Requirements link in the Forms and Files section to the left, for a list of De Anza courses which will satisfy FUHSD graduation requirements.
Putting De Anza classes on the high school transcript is not always in the student's best interest; talk to a FUHSD Guidance Counselor if this is a concern.
The cost per quarter is $48.00 (may change without notice). This fee does not include books, instructional materials fees, or parking. Non-residents may be subject to De Anza out-of-state fees and some international students may not be eligible, depending upon visa status — please see this website for more information: De Anza Residency Requirements
If you need assistance finding anything on the De Anza campus, please click on De Anza Map.
STEP 1: Selection of Courses
- Please check the De Anza website http://www.deanza.edu/schedule/ for quarter dates and course availability.
STEP 2: Apply to De Anza College
- Submit your application online: Go to http://www.deanza.edu/ and click on the Admissions and Registration link (http://www.deanza.edu/admissions/appregmenu.html); then click on the My Portal link (http://www.deanza.edu/registration/myinfo.html) and follow the instructions for "new user" before you log in.
- After completing the application, De Anza will contact you through email with your 8-digit De Anza student ID number.
STEP 3: High School Concurrent Enrollment Form
- Forms can be downloaded at: http://deanza.edu/registration/forms.html and clicking on the High School Concurrent Enrollment Form. You need all of the three (3) pages that will print.
- You may enroll in up to 11 units during the school year and only 6 units in the summer.
- Courses need to be vocational, enrichment, or courses unavailable at your high school.
- Courses cannot be ESL, Skills, Guidance, Basic Skills, Real Estate, Paralegal, Massage Therapy, 200 level or nondegree application courses.
- List all classes that you are interested in taking, including alternate courses — you will only be able to register for courses that are listed on the High School Concurrent Enrollment Form.
- List your 8-digit De Anza student ID number, not your Social Security Number (SSN).
- Get your assistant principal or the principal and your parents to sign the High School Concurrent Enrollment Form.
- Submit your completed High School Concurrent Enrollment Form to the De Anza Admissions and Records Office located in the Student Community Services Building on the first floor.
- Please note that you must complete Step 2: Apply to De Anza College before De Anza will accept the High School Concurrent Enrollment Form.
- You will be able to register for your class on the first designated day for high school student registration — check for the date at: http://www.deanza.edu/calendar/
- Once the completed High School Concurrent Enrollment Form is processed (it can take a few days), you will be assigned a registration appointment time — it will be the first designated day for high school student registration. You can check your registration date and get other information when you log in a My Portal (http://www.deanza.edu/registration/myinfo.html) .
STEP 4: Placement Testing
- If you are interested in taking an English, math, biology, chemistry or physics course, you are required to take a placement test prior to registering. To book an appointment and for more placement testing information, please see http://deanza.edu/admissions/placement/
- You must have your 8-digit De Anza student ID number before you may book an appointment or take a test - see Step 2.
- Scores from AP exams may allow you to avoid testing - see the De Anza Advanced Placement (AP) and Placement test Policy link for a chart showing which De Anza College departments grant credit for Advanced Placement exams. You will need to provide a hard copy of your AP score to the De Anza Assessment Center, located in the Student Community Services building in order to have a placement test waived.
STEP 5: Registering for Classes
- On your registration date (the first designated day for high school student registration) you will attempt to register for your approved courses through your De Anza student account at My Portal (http://www.deanza.edu/registration/myinfo.html).
STEP 6: Payment for Classes
- After completing your class registration, you have five (5) days to pay for your classes — failure to do so may result in being dropped from your classes.
- The cost per quarter is $48.00 (subject to change without notice). This fee does not include books, instructional materials fees or parking.
- Non-residents may be subject to De Anza out-of-state fees and some international students may not be eligible to take classes, depending upon visa status — please see this website for more information: http://www.deanza.edu/admissions/residency.html
- Payment may be made online through your De Anza student account at My Portal (http://www.deanza.edu/registration/myinfo.html) or in person at the Cashier's window in the Student and Community Services Building (click for map).
STEP 7: Extra Information for high school students attending
De Anza College
- Your records are confidential and protected by the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and are not available to your parents without a written release from you, the student.
- All courses will appear on your permanent record and must be reported to any other college or university to which you apply.
- It is your responsibility to drop a class when needed; do not assume it will be done automatically.
- If you are requesting high school credit for the course, you must receive pre-approval from the principal or administrative designee; you must complete the FUHSD Request for Credit from Outside Educational Institutions form in order to request pre-approval.
- If you need a De Anza transcript, you can order official transcripts or free, unofficial transcripts through your De Anza student account at My De Anza (http://www.deanza.edu/registration/myinfo.html) .
- Be sure you are aware of the Student Code of Conduct and other information in the De Anza College Student Handbook at http://deanza.edu/studenthandbook/
- Questions? Email your questions to Admissions and Records at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-864-8419.