Board of Trustees Board Meetings Board Policies Board Communication Corner Board Office Hours
Attendance Area Info Calendars Cell Equipment Citizens Advisory Committee on Enrollment Questions & Answers About the Citizens Advisory Committtee Community Wellness Taskforce Complaints/Public Input Contact Us Directory District Boundary Maps History Local Control Feature Articles Features Archive News Nondiscrimination Policy Organizational Beliefs Employees of the Year Press Releases Publications School Accountability Reports FUHSD Parent Survey
Business Services Enrollment & Residency Food Services Human Resources Maintenance & Operations New Teacher Induction Teaching & Learning Technology Services
High School Campuses AVID College Now Concurrent Enrollment Middle College FUHSD Adult School Summer Academy
Annual Notifications Academic Honesty Policy Course Information and Graduation Requirements College & Career Planning Community Advisory Committee Community Links English Learners PTA Council Resources for Parents Resources for Students Special Services Translation Help Intradistrict Council
Measure B Bond Program Measure K Bond Program Citizens' Oversight Committee CEQA History of FUHSD Bonds

Complaint Procedures

Annual Notice to Students, Parents and/or Guardians, Employees, Advisory Committees, Private School Officials and Other interested Parties:

  • The Fremont Union High School District is primarily responsible for compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
  • The District has designated Associate Superintendent, Graham Clark, as the Compliance Officer to receive and investigate complaints to ensure District compliance with those federal and state laws and regulations. You may contact his assistant at
  • If dissatisfied with the District’s decision, a complainant may appeal the District’s decision to the California Department of Education by filing a written appeal within 15 days of receiving the District’s decision.
  • A complainant is free to pursue any civil law remedies that may be available under state or federal discrimination laws, if applicable, and to appeal pursuant to Education Code Section 262.3.

Please not that an anonymous and unofficial complaint/feedback can be entered on-line on our website:

Complaint Forms

Copies of the complaint form are available from the school or District Office free of charge. Complaint forms can also be downloaded below:

Complaint Rights

Parents/Guardians, Pupils and Teachers: Education Code 35186 requires that the following notice be posted in your child's classroom: 
There should be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials. For there to be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials, each student, including English learners, must have a textbook or instructional material, or both, to use in class and to take home. 
School facilities must be clean, safe, and maintained in good repair. Good repair means that the facility is maintained in a manner that assures that it is clean, safe and functional as determined by the Office of Public School Construction. 
There should be no teacher vacancies or misassignments. There should be a teacher assigned to each class and not a series of substitutes or other temporary teachers. The teacher should have the proper credential to teach the class, including the certification required to teach English learners, if present. 
Teacher vacancy means a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of the year for an entire year or, if the position is for a one-semester course, a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of a semester for an entire semester. 
Misassignment means the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position for which the employee does not hold a legally recognized certificate or credential or the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position that the employee is not otherwise authorized by statute to hold. 
Pupils, including English learners, who have not passed one or both parts of the high school exit examination by the end of grade 12 are to be provided the opportunity to receive intensive instruction and services for up to two consecutive academic years after the completion of grade 12. 
A complaint form can be obtained at the school office or district office, or downloaded from the school or district web site. You may also download a copy of the California Department of Education complaint form from the following web site: 
To file a complaint regarding the above matters, complaint forms can be obtained at the principal's office or can be downloaded from the district or California Department of Education's websites.